Everything You Need to Know About Scaling MySQL – Part 4: Facebook and Google’s Difficultie…
Originally Written byDave Anselmi
As we discussed last time, the vast majority of databases are SQL-based, and many of those are running MySQL. Which works fine, until you need to scale-up your database, and then MySQL hits some difficulties.
Two of the country’s biggest tech juggernauts—Google and Facebook—have already woken up to the fact that the glory days of MySQL have come and gone:
- Ostensibly sick of non-ACID-compliant and non-relational systems, Google built its own database architecture. We can imagine the price tag attached to the project. The “F1” system, as it’s called, sits in the center of the AdWords platform, and it can process hundreds of thousands of requests per second. Google says the F1 runsSQL queries across tens of trillions of rows of data every day.
- While Facebook didn’t reinvent the wheel the same way Google did, the company invested millions of dollars onadvanced automation toolsthat essentially allow its database system—which consists of thousands of sharded servers spread out across multiple continents—to run on its own. Because sharded databases lack relational functionality, they require a lot more attention to operate, particularly when applications or servers fail. In other words, Facebook originally chose sharding to scale before subsequently realizing its limitations. But the social networking company was able to bail itself out thanks to its seemingly endless resources.
Most businesses don’t have the resources that Google and Facebook do to solve their problems on their own. But thanks to breakthroughs in database technology, that’s not necessarily a problem.
As Americans increasingly take to the Web—believe it or not, we already spendmore time accessing the Web via mobile appsthan through traditional desktop browsers—you can reasonably expect your site to get more traffic.
Unfortunately, it’s only a matter of time before e-commerce websites that run MySQL will reach their capacity. When this happens, your customers will almost certainly get frustrated as the user experience diminishes thanks to a malfunctioning website.
The good news is that by being proactive and taking the steps to modernize your technological infrastructure witha NewSQL-powered database, you will avoid reaching your database’s threshold. Instead, you’ll be able to seamlessly absorb all the traffic that comes your way. And your bottom line will grow as a result.
Axure汉化版已经发布，版本号Axure 184.108.40.2069，下面是截图效果 Axure汉化版文件下载地址：Axure汉化补丁 Axure RP pro 220.127.116.119 下载地址注册用户名：Axure 序列...
BI中文站 6月7日报道 艾默生·斯帕茨(Emerson Spartz)今年28岁，已婚，是Spartz Inc公司的首席执行官。Spartz Inc是一个网站媒体帝国，旗下的30多家网站专门发布有趣、励志和让人感到不可思议的文章和帖子，其分享量非常...
- mysql 将字段time按天/月/年分组
- 新安装mysql 第三方工具连接不上问题
- CentOS 安装MySQL 5.1.69
- mysql出现“Incorrect key file for table”解决办法
- mysql无法启动——cannot allocate the memory for the buffer pool
- Mysql 日志删除
- mysql 修改字段类型 删除字段类型
- 修改mysql字符编码出现Job failed to start解决办法
- Why TokuDB hates Transparent HugePages